1.When you use this detector the first time, please fill 20-30ml oil, not beyond this range.
2.New oil can be filled with only when the smoke is light,and it can’t be filled over 15ml every time.
3.Before filling new oil, please pour out the remaining oil in the detector.
4.Please replace the detector oil regularly.
1.Open the engine cover, and hang the detector in the cover.
2.Disconnect the pipe that needs to be connected with detector. If the pipe needs to be disconnected in the middle. Please secure the other side with a rubber stopple.
3.Secure this side with proper taper stopple/pipe, and connect it with smoke output tube.
4.Connect detector with DC12V battery: red with positive, black with negative. Do not connect in a contrary way.
5.Turn on the power switch, and detector starts to work.
6.In about 3 minutes, the pipe will be filled with smoke. Check the leak points. Please use head lamp if necessary.
7.After leak detection, please connect well the wires and pipe.
* Please do leak detection away from smoke-sensitive parts.
* Not suitable for EVAP.
* Do not run the detector over 8 minutes. It needs interval rest.
* The detector has protector. If it exceeds working limit, it will power off automatically. In this condition, please operate it later.
* The round parts of this detector is with temperature, be careful to avoid scalding injury.
With longtime high temperature, the smoke and oil will oxidize and deteriorate. It will infect the service life of smoke generated part, so please change smoke and oil regularly.
1.Before filling new oil, please pour out the remaining oil in the detector.
2.When the smoke output has water drops, please replace with new oil.
3.Liquid paraffin and baby oil are OK.
4.Please fill new oil with equipped oil bottle
- SDT-106 is designed for detecting the leakage of pipe systems on cars, motorcycles, such as fuel pipe, air intake system and cooling tank. SDT-106 is for all pipe systems except EVAP.
- Hook: To hang the detector when detecting Working Indicator: It is lit when the detector works
- Power Switch: Power it on, and the detector works
- Smoke output tube: The smoke outlet which connecting with detection port
- Power clip: To connect with vehicle battery. The voltage is DC12V.